Definition of 'persnickety'
(used colloquially) overly conceited or arrogant; "a snotty little scion of a degenerate family"-Laurent Le Sage; "they're snobs--stuck-up and uppity and persnickety" [syn: bigheaded, persnickety, snooty, snot-nosed, snotty, stuck-up, too big for one's breeches, uppish]
Characterized by excessive precision and attention to trivial details; "a persnickety job"; "a persnickety school teacher" [syn: pernickety, persnickety]
Definition of 'Persnickety'
- Persnickety \Per*snick"et*y\, a.
- 1. Finicky or fussy; demanding excessive attention to petty details or niceties; unduly particular; fastidious; -- of people. [Colloq.]
- Syn: finical, finicky, fussy, meticulous, painstaking, pernickety, pernicketty, punctilious. [Webster 1913 Suppl. +PJC]
- 2. Snobbish; behaving aloofly. [Colloq.]
- Syn: pernickety, pernicketty. [PJC]